EOSC provides a "one-stop-shop" for a range of services and solutions to speed up the research process of the disciplines and enable cross-disciplinary collaboration and reuse of tools and results. It encourages the sharing of the research tools and data between different research groups - also across disciplines. The services in the EOSC Service Portfolio have different application areas and sustainability models. However, independently of the details of the approaches, the EOSC Service Portfolio will support them by making the discovery of the services easier and reducing the effort needed to adopt them. Together with the EOSC Portal and Service Management System, the KER provides an intuitive, comprehensive and robust set of services to researchers.
- D2.6 - First Service roadmap, service portfolio and service catalogue
- D6.2 - First report on the maintenance and integration of common services
- D6.3 - Second release of common services
- D6.4 Second report on the maintenance and integration of common services
- D7.1 - First Thematic Service software release
- D7.2 - First report on Thematic Service architecture and software integration
- D7.3 - First report on Thematic Service exploitation
- D8.1 - Report on progress, achievements and plans of the Competence Centres
- D13.1 - Periodical assessment of the services
- D13.2 - Periodical assessment of the services
Key benefits for EOSC
As the number of research activities and groups supported by EOSC grows, the possibility to easily search, request and re-use research services will become more and more important. Consistent metadata will be crucial for efficient service discovery (either by the researchers themselves or in collaboration with different helpdesk services). Providing an intuitive interface to the service lifecycle information will be of equal importance, especially when considering the long-term repeatability of EOSC-supported research.