The Internal Services provide basic enabling services for EOSC access and operation, such as access control or accounting, and offer common and standard interfaces to shared tools for basic services that need to be aligned in order to provide consistent user experiences. Internal services in the Hub Portfolio are one of the key elements of the EOSC federating core.
- D5.1 - Initial maintenance and integration plan for federation and collaboration services
- D5.2 - First release of federation and collaboration services and tools
- D5.3 - First report on maintenance and integration of federation and collaboration services
- D5.4 - Second release of federation and collaboration services and tools
- D5.5 Second report on maintenance and integration of federation and collaboration services
- D13.1 - Periodical assessment of the services
- D13.2 - Periodical assessment of the services
Key benefits for EOSC
This common toolset enables the integration of services into the EOSC ecosystem. This is a prerequisite for the function of the hub as a federating core, as a mature implementation of the tools will streamline the processes of the EOSC Hub Operators. For the service providers, the KER provides tools to access several user communities through the Hub by integrating their services into a single service interface (instead of several community-specific ones). The common services are targeting adoption by the permanent EOSC services and their importance will be increased by the growth of the number of users and the value delivered through EOSC. The reuse of individual components by third parties is also encouraged.